Saturday, April 23, 2005

Patrick McDonald: "Chapeau Man"

DSC02288

(image via NYSocialDiary)

The Corsair's latest obsession in Patrick McDonald. Positively pimpy, this guy. Okay, we'll be the first to admit we were late to get on board this eccentric ship. He's been around. But we're sticking for the duration. According to Fashionweekdaily:

"... Party host Patrick McDonald, who appeared in a creamy Paul Smith suit, may be more interested in being a cartoon than watching one. 'If I were a superhero, I�d be Dandy Man!' he told The Daily, 'and I�d nod my hat�my chapeau�and make everybody well-dressed. I wouldn�t fly; I would just nod my hat�just like Bewitched with the nose. I would just tip my hat and make everybody well-dressed and well-mannered. Yes, Dandy Man!'�

Swell and lovely. The Corsair would be more likely to go in for invisibility and flight powers himself, but to each his own. More backstory via our favorite social chronicler, NYSocialDiary:

"He�s fairly new to my eyes � I think I first saw him a few years ago at an art gallery opening. Although he�s been a well-established New York scene-ster for a couple of decades. The first time I saw him I thought it was a costume. Which it is. His costume. Complete, right down to the ever-present chapeau, the dyed red hair (what you can see of it, underneath), the impeccably applied make-up, the color mix which although it varies, is always consistent with the sartorial impression he�s out to create. And create he does.

"He was born in Germany, of American parents, with a twin (which is hard to imagine on the face of it). I could be wrong but I have a feeling you might not recognize his twin (who lives in Los Angeles) if they were together in the same room."

His bio here.

No comments: