Friday, February 18, 2005

GW on James Lipton

The prospect of George Wayne, a man with a take no prisoner's interviewing style, interviewing James Lipton, an obsequious kiss ass of the highest magnitude, makes for fireworks:

lipton

"G.W. Liam, Johnny, Leo, Clint, Jamie: who is your choice for Oscar's best actor?

"J.L. I committed to Jamie Foxx. I told him flat out I thought he would win the Oscar. I thought his performance was one of the most stunning achievements I've ever seen on film.

"G.W. Well, there's one thing to be said for James Lipton: he's mastered the art of celebrity anilingus!"

Oh, it's on; it's on like Gray Poupon!

"J.L. Bullshit! Bullshit! That started when I began to get the big guests. Some from the press couldn't figure out how I, an upstart, could get these people to come and talk to me for five hours ... Some in the press say the only reason I got these people on my show was because I kiss ass, but I don't believe in that. They come because we are a school."

Riight. It's all about educating the next generation about "the craft," and what you can bring to a role. The celebrities don't come over to The New School to get their salad tossed. Perish the thought. Whatever.

More here.

No comments: