Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Thank you

Thank you to everyone who emailed me or posted on site with your demographic info. I've gone a year doing this blog without really knowing to whom I am talking. Lots of women, as my blog wife the magnificent Miu noted. And some of you like the politics posts and some of you prefer the pop cultural celebrity. More Republicans read this than I thought and, although I have been known to wax conservative on certain issues (dictatorships), oftentimes I don't, and I will have to be mindful to be even handed on politics. Now I have a better idea to whom I am writing I will bring some of the demographic info in your emails to my future posts.

Ron

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please don't change! We love you just the way you are.

-Amanda

The Corsair said...

My darling Amanda, it will be so subtle and Corsair-like that I swear you won't notice.

;-)
Ron

Rachel said...

I'm curious about your picture, where is that from? The background looks familiar.

The Corsair said...

That picture is about 7 years old, during the Clinton years. I am much less scruffy. Everyone had so much money that they would throw these elaborate things downtown and have a party afterwards. That was a reading I gave at a gallery downtown in the Village. I was doing my Karate Kid riff, hoping to pick up an audience member at the after party. It was a series put together by an old friend Xander Mellish (her real name, whom I met through another old friend Alison, whom I used to work with at sonicnet, which is now a part of MTV Interactive:

http://www.xmel.com/nov17.html

(S)wine said...

Neither a Rep. nor a Dem--DISSENTER here. And I read this as much / often as I can. So there, maybe that'll tip the scale a bit.

Anonymous said...

Don't go changing to try and please us. We love you just the way you are. Don't give in to the masses, Ron - stay true!

Nicole

The Corsair said...

*hugs Nicole*