Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Queen Latifah: Large and In Charge



Okay, I'll admit it, I'm crazy over the new Premiere Magazine. First that incredible interview with Angelina Jolie (how soon before Liz Smith is salivating heavily and quoting La Angelina, hmm?), and then Queen Latifah.

It's no secret that hip hop divas give the best interview. They are unguarded and back up every saucy statement with flava. They don't give a fuck about the delicate status system of Hollywood where ego's must be gently finessed.

I mean, who would you rather read in an interview, the tragically damaged Mary J Blige, who almost punched out supermodel/interviewer Veronica Webb back in the day after an evening of Malibu rum and blunts, or a preprocessed WASP like Gwyneth Paltrow? I know which article I'd rather read.

Anyhoo: Latifah may be the first Hollywood actress who is angry at a studio for making her look ... thin:

"Premiere: (Miramax) ran those ads for Chicago that made you look thinner, then reportedly called it a compute error.

"Queen Latifah: Yeah, what the fuck was that shit? And they got me all slimmed out, looking like that shit is actually sexy or something. People dig me as I am. I purposely didn't lose weight for that movie because I felt like Mama should be big and buxom. Yeah, I didn't like that. But they put it back to how it was supposed to be."



No comments: