Thursday, April 09, 2009

Slash: "Shooter Jennings Was NEVER Asked To Join Velvet Revolver"



(image via swampland)

Who is telling the truth? Slash, who helped name "Velvet Revolver (SLASH contributed Revolver, and Scott Weiland added Velvet)" tweeted on March 23rd, "For the record, Shooter Jennings was NEVER asked to join Velvet Revolver." That conflicts with Shooter Jennings' account.

Shooter, who has a child with Drea de Matteo, told Classic Rock magazine's Henry Yates: "They’ve asked me twice, dude. I’ve done a couple of shows with those guys, and they asked me a couple of years ago and they asked me again last year to be the singer. And it pained my heart not to say yes, because those guys are the best players in the world. They’re literally one of the best bands I’ve ever heard and to be able to sing with them has been amazing. But I had a talk with them about it, and I would absolutely still, to this day, get in a room and jam with them, but first of all, I knew I was gonna be doing another record and that what I wanted to do was really special to me, and I didn’t feel I could stifle that."

"I didn’t feel like my next step should to be to go from feeling like my back was broken by Nashville to stepping into the shoes of Scott Weiland and singing that stuff. I kinda said, if you wanna get together and do some stuff, that’d be fine, but I don’t know about me going out and singing those songs, and being the replacement for Scott Weiland, after Axl."

Who is telling the truth?

1 comment:

siddharth soni said...

Dear Webmaster,

I have a Blog http://www.celebrity-gossips.net, and have spent a lot of time and effort to ensure my visitors gain the maximum benefit from their visit, and from what I have to offer. As our Blog are closely related , I feel the exchanging of links would be a mutually beneficial arrangement.



Here is my Blog detail :-

Title : Celebrity Gossip
Url : http://www.celebrity-gossips.net

or you can simply use the following Linking code:

Celebrity Gossips

Waiting for your earliest reply.

Have a nice day ahead :)

siddharthdhorda@gmail.com

Thank you.