Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Media-Whore D'Oevres



(image via JH/NYSocialDiary)

"THAT 'ABC World News Now' has added Gotham and Avenue columnist R. Couri Hay as a weekly contributor to its gossipy 'What's the Buzz' segment."

"On the bathroom line at Beatrice Inn last night, an attractive blonde woman was buzzing to her male friend about me, so I gave her a 'hi there' to break the ice. 'How do I know you?' she finally wondered. 'I'm an entertainment reporter,' I replied. The good-time gal seemed to get nervous. I asked her name. 'What's yours?' she countered, defensively. 'Mike. And yours?' I stammered. 'Kirsten,' she divulged. 'Huh?' I said. 'Kirsten,' she repeated. OMG, it was Kirsten Dunst! And I had asked her for her name--and then made her say it again! This could spiral the girl right back down!" (Musto)



(Barbara Bush at the Pisa Dinner in Paris Fashion Week)

"Alex Kiselev and Maia Tarkhan-Mouravi, the London-based, Russian-Georgian team behind the Kisa label, are pretty excited that their wares are now being stocked in Moscow as well as across Europe and the United States, and on Sunday night in Paris they celebrated their Russian expansion in appropriate fashion: i.e., with cocktails and caviar at perennial hot spot Caviar Kaspia." (Style)

"In 1969, Spike Lee brought home a clump of dirt from the Mets championship game, and his mother made him throw it out .." (CindyAdams)



"Harry Potter star Emma Watson looked a bit out of her depth sitting with a trio of "bad girls" at Paris Fashion Week. The petite 18-year-old, who plays goody-goody Hermione in the films, was sitting to attention in a sensible coat, with a notebook at the ready to jot down her thoughts at the Christian Dior ready-to-wear show. In contrast, her front-row pals - mouthy pop star Lily Allen, burlesque dancer Dita von Teese and Katy 'I Kissed A Girl' Perry .."(Thisislondon)

No comments: