Monday, September 29, 2008

Mikheil Saakashvili Parties With Models At Cipriani Downtown



(image via daylife)

"Today we are all Georgians," said GOP Presidential candidate Senator McCain in York, Pennsylvania in early August. If only. Page Six informs us, "GEORGIAN President Mikheil Saakashvili, in a plaid shirt and khakis, partying with a gaggle of models at Cipriani Downtown."

Nice.

Glad to know that as his nation balances precipitously over an infinite crevasse, this American-educated stooge, this douchebag, is out scoring the hot chicks. One would think that he would have more important imperatives eating his time.

We cannot fail to note that the President of Georgia was -- according to diplomatic gossipist Richard Holbrooke, who told Fareed Zakaria on GPS -- at a weight loss spa in Italy when Russia did it's thing. Russia, it seems, had a more aggressive "weight loss regime (Honey, I lost two provinces!)" than those delightful Italians. As philosopher Henry Bernard Levy wrote in HuffPo:

"'Let me make one thing clear,' (Saakashvili)interrupts me, with a sudden gravity. 'We cannot let them say that we started this war ... It was early August. My ministers were on vacation, as I was too, in Italy, at a weight-loss spa, getting ready to go to Beijing. Then in the Italian press I read, War preparations are under way in Georgia. You understand me. Here I was just hanging out in Italy and I read in the paper that my own country is preparing for a war!"


Charmed, I'm sure.

No comments: