Tuesday, June 19, 2007

John Catsimadis: "I don't see (Dick) Parsons standing at subway stops handing out leaflets"



(image via drummajorinstitute)

If Rudy Giuliani and Mayor Bloomberg are any indication of future political trends, the Mayoralty of new York appears to be metamorphosing into stepping stone to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. That having been said, some very big mogul-ish guns have been hinting at running in 2009, after Mayor Bloomberg is forcesd out by term limits (Or -- long shot -- the Presidency of the United States). From Cindy Adams:

"John Catsimatidis. I've reported earlier he's going for mayor. I've not reported earlier that he will announce at the turn of the year. He'll run as a Republican. I asked how come, since years ago he sat on the dais of the GOP's annual Lincoln Day dinners, and when Clinton came in, out of the party went John. 'I was never a real Democrat. Only a Clinton Democrat,' he says.

"'Look, the Democrats have Christine Quinn, Bill Thompson, Anthony Wiener, a cast of thousands. The GOP has nobody. No bullpen. Only name popping up is Time Warners' Dick Parsons, but he'd never do it. I don't see Parsons standing at subway stops handing out leaflets. He hasn't the stomach for it. I have that stomach. I also have that cash. I'll spend $30 million of my own money.' As I've also reported, he'll consider taking $100 - and only $100 - from everyone just to make them feel part of the process."

Be careful, Cat-man; talking smack about Dick Parsons will only pique his curiositas.

No comments: