Thursday, April 29, 2004

Mark Cuban Likes Rebecca Romijn -- A Lot

Mark Cuban is an arrogant, adolescent, overly aggressive and overbearing man-boy: a punk, in other words a fucking Stallone. But he's big now, as big as the google IPO, what, with that 60 Minutes blowjob last Sunday from Steve Kroft (after 5 unrelenting weeks of punishing the Bush Administration, last week's 60 Minutes was the most Republican-loving episode of all time, with attack pieces on the cigar smoking midget tyrant Sadaam lawyer, and two blowjobs each meted out to ultracapitalists Mark Cuban and a South African mogul named Tokio). I should know, I interviewed him once. But he is funny, and "id" in his manner, very primate, but his humor mitigates that. Or I could just be playa hating (possible).

Anyhoo: That's why when I checked out his Blog at BlogMaverick, and saw him discourse on the lusciousness that is Rebecca Romijn (kisses fingers with reverence, then continues in a dreamlike voice), I knew it was a keeper, and I felt a faint sense of alarm for his wife:

"The sports world is always about what are you going to do next. Sports reporters want to get the story about the game over and done with as quickly as possible so they can bug the hell out of you about what you are going to do next. They will ask you the same damn question over and over. Are you going to sign/resign/hire/fire XXXXX. That's 90 pct of the questions I get, and it's ridiculous because if I do anything, it's immediately available to everyone at the same time. So why not ask a question with some substance? Then I realized how lucky I was that I only had to put up with annoying repetition of questions.

"At the premiere of Godsend this week, I watched Rebecca Stamos deal with the same type of stupidity but at a level that made me realize and appreciate how little I have to deal with.

"The premiere was typical. Lots of paparazzi. It was cool to walk down the red carpet with my wife and Todd Wagner, my production partner. Cameras flashing, people screaming your name to look at them for pictures. But it was a pittance compared to what happened when she came by. My goodness. The questions probably would have had me jumping over the ropes to knock someone out. Personal. Personal. Personal. She handled it like a champ. Laughing off questions she didn't want to answer and being incredibly gracious with her time. Of course I was only watching every step she took because I was curious how she would deal with the media. It was purely an intellectual exercise. I had to refer to the physics classes I didn't take to wonder how she fit in that dress. But I digress."


Yes, indeed you do, my favorite billionaire interview subject. Yes, you do.

No comments: