Wednesday, August 06, 2008

David Blaine Bends Quarter In DPC's Hand!







(images via JT/NYSocialDiary)

Our favorite social chronicler David Patrick Columbia was at Michael's yesterday, and was introduced to David Blaine by Steve Millington. The rest is magic. From NYSocialDiary:

"I said I didn’t want to bother the guy’s lunch. Then Steve told me that Blaine had just bent a quarter in his hand right before his eyes. I said: I wanna meet the guy. A few minutes later this guy I’d never seen before comes up and asks me if I have a quarter. He’s all business. I realize it’s Blaine. I don’t but someone does.

"Then the man tells me to write my name on it and look at the date. I write DPC and see the date (almost worn off) is 1973.

"He takes it from me and tells me to put out my hands. Which I do.

"He puts the quarter in the palm of my left. He tells me to make a fist, but not too tight, with that hand. I do."


read the rest of this encounter to see how Blaine pulled off the trick here.

No comments: