Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Media-Whore D'Oevres



"Jennifer Lopez has begun training for a triathlon just six months after giving birth to twins. The actress appeared on a US television show in her workout gear as she told how she had been trying to get fit. 'The idea came up when I was about eight months' pregnant when I was beached like a whale ,' she said. 'I was watching TV and I saw a triathlon, and I said, 'I think I could do that. 'That would be great for me to do. Maybe I could do that this year. And of course everybody told me I was crazy.'" (Thisisshowbiz)

"Kathleen Portalksi ... is 11 years older than her more famous half-sister, Cindy McCain. And when their father (Jim Hensley) died, he left just $10,000 to Kathleen and bequeathed his entire massive beer fortune to Cindy. That is pretty fucking harsh." (Wonkette)

"SOME FUN at Michael's watering hole when Parade's relatively new editor, Janice Kaplan, celebrated kicking off yet another mystery thriller, starring her dreamed-up character Lacy Fields. Condé Nast, so proud of Parade's remaining the No. 1 read in print periodicals, turned out quite a group to lift a glass for Janice (who won her stripes with TV Guide). I noted the celebrity interviewer and creator of the New York Post's Page Six, James Brady, as well as Parade's editor emeritus Walter Anderson. (These are two of my favorite Marines!) I saw the big brain Marilyn vos Savant with her famous inventor hubby Dr. Robert Jarvik. (I told Marilyn that each Sunday it never fails. I try to answer the reader's questions to her in her column, but I never can. I have to wait for Marilyn to do it.)" (Liz Smith)

"Last night was the weekly Hanger Bar party, which I had to DJ alone since Karen has fucked off to the UK to visit friends and enjoy some festivals. I have some pretty awesome friends that decided to keep me company since I'm thinking about taking some time off from my Friday gig to enjoy the last days of summer without major obligations .. I DJed a bit of 90s music -- as per usual -- but threw in a lot of modern tracks, which I have been slightly reluctant to play out. An adorable boy came over to celebrate my 90s selection and asked if I would play a Sugar Ray song. I know, I know, they're pretty fucking awful, but this boy was adorable and so I couldn't resist." (Ultragrrrl)

"Ever moaned about having nothing to wear? That's not a problem for Eva Longoria. The Desperate Housewives star made an incredible ELEVEN outfit changes while hosting the ALMA Awards in California on Sunday." (Mirror)

"Last week we floated an absolutely delicious rumor—the sort of inside media gossip that we hope to be known for when future generations are considering our legacy. Specifically, it was the story of the crazy pooping intern. A summer intern at one of the networks, we heard, went on an on-the-job pooping spree, but somehow stayed on and continued her internship through the rest of the summer ('Said intern did in fact shit all over the 18th and 25th floors of 30 Rock;)." (Gawker)

"Last Thursday night in the Hamptons The Venetian Foundation presented the Inaugural Best Buddies Hamptons Beach Bash hosted by Anne Hearst and Jay McInerney and Tatiana and Campion Platt. Best Buddies was founded in 1989 by Anthony Kennedy Shriver, the son of Eunice Kennedy and Sargent Shriver." (NYSocialDiary)

No comments: