Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Britt Ekland: "(Warren Beatty's) Libido Was As Lethal As High-Octane Gas"



Seventies Swedish sex goddess Britt Ekland has a one-woman show at the Edinburgh Fringe, Britt On Britt, that is getting a lot of buzz. In it she "strolls" through her life, delivering sometimes citric monologues based on her experiences in Hollywood. From Thisislondon:

"The former Bond girl, Scandinavian sex kitten and wife of Peter Sellers is part way through her one-woman show at the Edinburgh Fringe, Britt On Britt, which she has described as 'a gentle stroll through my life, just me talking about the way it was'.

"There are brief forays into her time as Bond girl Mary Goodnight - 'one of the happiest times of my life' - her two marriages, three children and many relationships.

"...There were actors George Hamilton and Warren Beatty, of whom she said, 'Warren is the most divine lover of all. His libido was as lethal as high-octane gas. I had never known such pleasure or passion in my life'; the photographer Lord Lichfield; music producer Lou Adler as well as rocker Rod Stewart - to name but a few. And, of course, her four-year marriage to actor and comedian Peter Sellers.


"... Jack Nicholson was at the birth of her third child. Carol King wrote a song about one of her pregnancies, It goes on and on . . . as does the list of men.

"After Sellers came record producer Lou Adler, whom she met at a dinner party in London. 'He was the biggest record producer of his time -- he'd discovered The Mamas And The Papas,' she says.

"They were together for a few years and in 1973 had a son, Nikolai, but by 1975, things had gone off the boil. 'I felt in my heart that he'd been unfaithful, so I interrogated the housekeeper and she was forced to tell the truth. But it wasn't a dramatic split,' she adds cheerily.

"Next came Rod Stewart - six weeks after breaking up with Lou, after a bit of matchmaking by Joan Collins. 'She invited me to a gig in LA to cheer me up - Rod Stewart was an amazing performer and afterwards at an aftershow party, at Cher's house, Rod and I talked and talked and I found him very sexy and funny.


"'We were a highly publicised couple. I guess you could say we were the Posh and Becks of the Seventies,' she says. 'Rod was very down to earth - he loved football and simple food. His pet name for me was "Sex Kitchen".


"She put her career on hold to be with him -- even singing backing vocals in French on his hit Tonight's The Night. 'When Rod toured with his band, I did his make-up and ironed his clothes. He never went on stage without wearing my underwear, for purely practical purposes -- to keep his package in its proper place."


Okay, Eew?

Much, much more here.

No comments: