Saturday, September 15, 2007

Media-Whore D'Oevres

"CAMPAIGN consultant Bob Shrum, who retired from U.S. politics after publication this summer of his candid memoir ('No Excuses: Concessions of a Serial Campaigner'), is now in Britain working for the Labor Party in the campaign of Prime Minister Gordon Brown. Shrum was the strategist in the last two Democratic presidential campaigns for losing candidates Al Gore and John Kerry. But he has worked on the last three winning Labor efforts in Britain. Shrum has been a close friend of Brown for many years. Shrum last month left his position on the New York University faculty. He is now an NYU fellow in London." (Novak)

"'I DIDN'T see much of New York Fashion Week this week,' Naomi Campbell told us from her New York apartment this morning. 'I'm actually here for meetings with Spike Lee about his new project – and I signed the contract last night so I can talk about it at last. I haven't been able to tell anyone else yet. ' Will this be the major new Hollywood role she's been waiting for? 'Not at all,' she laughed. 'It's a very very small role but it involves subject matter that I'm really passionate about. It's about a regiment of black soldiers based in Tuscany in the Second World War – it's a subject that nobody has ever touched upon. There are all the war time films of course but you never see a black soldier in any of them. I'll do anything for Spike and I really think we should be more educated about the role of people of colour in our history.'" (Vogue)

" Nick Denton and I are having drinks @ 5pm today... let the speculation begin!" (Calacanis)

No comments: