Saturday, October 11, 2008

Media-Whore D'Oevres

"Continuing the recent aggressive marketing campaign of FBN, the network has put out promos and print ads about the dangers of CNBC's Jim Cramer." (TVNewser)

"I had never met Onassis before he summoned me to Paris. I later learned that I had been recommended to him by J. Paul Getty. He had written to Getty, whom he worshipped – he was once photographed sitting adoringly at Getty’s feet – saying that he was considering writing his life story and could Getty suggest a suitable writer to work on the project with him. The old oil man had returned Onassis’s letter, with my name and telephone number scrawled in the margin. I was at that time interviewing Getty for a magazine profile and had spent several days with him in London and at Sutton Place, his estate in Surrey. He was not the sort of man who wasted time on matters that did not directly benefit his own interests, (lest we forget, he had a payphone installed in his hall for guests), and I suspect that mine had simply been the first name that came to into his head." (NYSocialDiary)

"Britney went through hell earlier this year when she lost the plot and held her kids Sean Preston and Jayden James hostage. And she reveals all in a new documentary, tentatively called For The Record, which will be screened on MTV in America next month on the eve of her new album release, Circus. She says: 'I sit there and I look back. I'm a smart person, what the hell was I thinking?'" (3AMGirls)

No comments: