Friday, March 14, 2008

Obama Blogs On Huffington Post Disagreeing With Rev. Jeremiah Wright



These are the times that try men's souls. No matter how on-message a man becomes, his associates often sink his chances at becoming President. Obama, so close yo the Presidency, must now deal with those who are close to him that are not on-message. Senator Barack Obama blogs today on HuffPo about his pastor, who has made controversial remarks. From HuffingtonPost:

"The pastor of my church, Rev. Jeremiah Wright, who recently preached his last sermon and is in the process of retiring, has touched off a firestorm over the last few days. He's drawn attention as the result of some inflammatory and appalling remarks he made about our country, our politics, and my political opponents.

"Let me say at the outset that I vehemently disagree and strongly condemn the statements that have been the subject of this controversy. I categorically denounce any statement that disparages our great country or serves to divide us from our allies. I also believe that words that degrade individuals have no place in our public dialogue, whether it's on the campaign stump or in the pulpit. In sum, I reject outright the statements by Rev. Wright that are at issue."

More on HuffPo.

No comments: