Monday, March 10, 2008

Media-Whore D'Oevres



"Villa, on Melrose near the Pacific Design Center, is Hollywood's club of the moment. So it made sense that Erin Fetherston would invite the local fashionistas--on the eve of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week here--to come out and preview a short that Ellen von Unwerth directed for her. It stars Zooey Deschanel frolicking in fuzzy imagery as a wood nymph wearing pieces from Fetherston's fall collection, which was inspired by Romeo and Juliet. 'Zooey plays a tramp who eats a magic mushroom and finds herself with a group of fairies," Fetherston explained. The actress couldn't make it, but there were plenty of fierce Fetherston followers from the West Coast, including Angie Harmon, Leelee Sobieski ... Rosario Dawson also made a surprise appearance, in a Fetherston cocktail dress that she wore over pants. 'I know Erin from New York,' she said. 'And I wear her clothes, so I wanted to come out and support her--her stuff is adorable. But then again, so is my new L.A. boyfriend!' she laughed of Mathieu Schreyer (aka DJ Mr. French), the music man she's been spending a lot of time with in L.A. recently." (Fashionweekdaily)

"Blackstone Group LP, manager of the world's largest buyout fund, said fourth-quarter profit plunged 89 percent after a 'meltdown' in the credit markets and predicted a shortage of financing for takeovers in 2008." (Bloomberg)

"Here's another thing I've never written, which also took place a few years back. I gave a cocktail party in New York City at the old Le Cirque restaurant on 50th Street to welcome Ann Richards to town. I spied President Clinton standing tall and looking great above the crowd, so I went to greet him. After a few minutes of chit-chat he said, 'Liz, I’ve got a bone to pick with you. Not long ago you wrote in your column that I don’t like older women!' I gulped and confessed. 'Yes, Mr. President, I did print that but I didn’t say it; a New York hostess who shall be nameless said it.' Bill Clinton didn’t pay any mind to my answer. He said, indignantly, 'Well, it’s not true, Liz.' He began to tap his arm. 'Why, I could just give you a long list of older women that I’ve…' He stopped. We looked at each other and both broke into laughter." (Wowowow)

"Friday night was a busy film night in Austin, TX with both the opening of the SXSW Film Festival and the Texas Film Hall of Fame Awards hosted by the Austin Film Society. ZZ Top took TX Hall of fame nods, accepting the event's AMD Live! Soundtrack Award. Band members Billy Gibbons, Frank Beard (is that really his name?) and Dusty Hill accepted their award and gave some great shots." (Indiewire)

No comments: