Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Marc Jacobs Is On Time!



It took the collective anger of the Fashionist Tribe to shame Marc Jacobs into turning over a new leaf and recognizing the Protestant virtues of punctuality. The scarlet rage at which the chattering classes had begun to receive Jacobs' infamously late collections reached critical mass when The International Herald Tribune's normally staid Suzy Menkes all but threatened to bitchslap the man (Exaggerated cough suggesting feigned detachment). Viciously.

The pendulum swings (AvertedGaze). From Fashionweekdaily:

"The Louis Vuitton show was scheduled to start at 3 p.m. and no one predicted that Marc Jacobs could have two early start times in one season. But he did and at 3:14 p.m., the runway was cleared and show began to the delightful surprise of many front-row guests. Here’s how they reacted!

"Oliver Zahm, Purple Magazine: 'I arrived late for it, so I just saw the end. I missed almost all of it. I’m surprised how fast it started and I forgot my ticket at home so it was a total disaster.”

"Milla Jovovich: 'I think it’s a wonderful surprise and an amazing luxury!'"

More here.

No comments: