Thursday, July 10, 2008

Cynthia Rodriguez: "I Did Not Spend One Dollar Shopping In Paris"



(image via gothamist)

Reports that C-Rod, hopped up on vengeance ("Vengeance is mine sayeth the Lord!" ;Romans 12:14-21) spent $100 large in Paris (an allegation made by "an A-Rod pal") are false, according to Cynthia Rodriguez in today's NYPost. Cynthia Rodriguez spoke to Cindy Adams, clearly in a move calculated to rasp the their tabloidal arch-nemesis The NYDaily News, which initially made the $100,000 report before it was picked up by press around the world. Cynthia Rodriguez told Adams:

"Cynthia Rodriguez spoke to me yesterday.

"... With unattractive tales printed about Cynthia trundling off for a grand high time in Paris, accompanied by what press reports call 'an entourage,' I pleaded for her to tell me firsthand the truth of what happened there. She resisted at first but the lawyers urged her to at least address these misperceptions. So she said:

"Not one word of those stories is true. I never before in all my married life together ever went away without my husband or family. Not once in 13 years.

"'I did not spend one dollar shopping in Paris. I did not go to super-fancy expensive restaurants. I did not go to any spa. I didn't do one thing. I spent the most innocent four days with my children's godparents, who are as close to us as family. My husband and I were already into our problems and I didn't know where to go, what to do. I needed to think. To clear my head.'"


More here.

No comments: