Wednesday, November 19, 2003

Our Eminem Problem

My sister, the excellent Elizabeth Mwangaguhunga is drawing up a petition against Eminem in light of his revealed racist tape.

It was too good to be true in a way. I mean, how many trailer park lower middle class angry white men are there who harbor no racist feeling? As black radio stations clamour to defend the young Eminem and Dr. Dre seriously reconsiders his street cred, some questions ought to be asked.

One: Why did it take so long for Eminem to admit he made racist rap songs?

Two: What was he thinking? Did he think a racist rap song would get air play on the anti-black radio station?

Three: Why is Eminem playing this off as a "The Source hates me" issue and not tackling it head on?

I cannot say I am a fan of Eminem, but I feel sorry for him as he has a formidable opponent in my sister.

No comments: