Wednesday, January 21, 2004

Stupid Ass of the Century: Courtney "Love"

From an interview with Courtney Love on WKQX-FM, Sound Opinion, with Jim DeRogatis and Bill Wyman, as recounted in Milk It regarding a Vanity Fair September 1992 story:

"I did take heroin when I was pregnant in the very beginning of my pregnancy. I did-- otherwise I could have sued the hell out of (Vanity Fair) (But Lynn Hirschberg was) completely wrong. She made it seem like I was taking drugs into my second trimester."

Thanks for clearing that up, Courtney.

And as if that isn't bad enough, TheSmokinggun drags her legal issues into the sunlight. They write:

"According to the ... complaint, filed last month in Santa Barbara Superior Court, Love has stiffed Cappello & McCann for work the firm did during her two-year legal fight with Universal Music Group. According to a recent account statement, after paying an initial retainer of $50,000 when she retained the firm in February 2001, Love has run up a six-figure bill that she has ignored. The nonpayment suit is the latest civil action faced by Love, who has defended cases brought by former employees, an ex-landlord, and a Hawaiian spa. Not to mention those pesky drug charges. A Love lawyer, who had not seen the new complaint, declined comment on the Cappello & McCann charges."

Celebrity most likely to wind up in jail, anyone?

No comments: