Wednesday, January 21, 2004

In other words ... BAPS Sucked

Hollywood is a place where nuanced language and delicate diplomacy is needed in offering up a critique of your betters. Egos run amok in Tinseltown, you know, and slights are remembered and held against you. Aint that a bitch?

Anyhoo: when something called Screenwriter Magazine asked Troy Beyer to take responsibility for her role in bringing BAPS to fruition, arguably the most offensive piece of shit ever to pass through the sordid bowels of the studio system, she was a little ... put off; anyway, you can decipher what she means for yourself:

Screenwriter: (BAPS) was your first script and you handed it over to someone else to direct. Was that difficult?

Troy: Well, first I was really excited that (New Line) wanted to make the movie. I knew that if the movie was going to be made, I would need a director attatched and so, initially I was like, 'Great, Robert Townsend, he's cool, he's funny, he did Hollywood Shuffle' And then I realized that Robert had one interpretation of how the movie should look and as I writer, I had another vision."



No comments: