Tuesday, January 20, 2004

Johnny Rotten Sells Out

Punk was all about ugliness back in the day, but nowadays things are getting uglier than usual, especially in Britain. Punk Icon Johnny Rotten has not only agreed to do a cheesy reality tv show, but he has agreed to do a really bad one, namely: 'I'm a Celebrity ... Get Me Out of Here.'

"The announcement made me feel instantly old. ... If it has come to this for the prince of punk, then mediocrity really does get us all in the end," said Lee Randall in The Scotsman.

The British, who particularly idolize Rotten, are especially irked.

"I'm gobsmacked," said Tony Wilson, a British journalist and music entrepreneur who knows Lydon, according to CNN. "I'm shocked, but I have faith ... I'm sure he's doing it for the right reasons."

Suuure: I mean, what's a bloke to do? First Mick Jagger, the devil whom we all had sympathy for, whores his geriatric ass out and joins the bloody aristos ... and now The Antichrist Hisself! Damned cheek!

Along with Rotten on the UK show will be fighter Razor Ruddock, who was once told by Mike Tyson, �I�m gonna make you my girlfriend ... I can�t wait for you to kiss me with those big lips of yours.� Nice. Also rounding out the cast will be topless model, Jordan.

What is this world coming to? A Fellini movie?

No comments: