Thursday, October 23, 2008

Media-Whore D'Oeuvres



(image via teamsugar)

"How much Tina Fey is too much? We can't get enough of her stellar spoofs of Sarah Palin (we've been doing that gun shot hand gesture topped off with a wink since her parody of the Katie Couric interview). But we're even more excited for her 30 Rock return. Lucky us, we can watch the season three premiere a week early on NBC.com and Hulu.com--right now!" (Observer)

"My first day of production on Paradise began just before sundown on a warm July evening. My only scene on the schedule was Floyd's poetic demise, and we were filming up in Griffith Park, on a winding road above the Los Angeles Zoo ..We filmed the scene from multiple angles. Between setups, I hung out with Deb Fisher and Erica Messer, who wrote Paradise. Though I was working there as an actor, I had a million questions about writing, and they patiently answered them all. Over the course of production, I spent a lot of time with the two of them (Criminal Minds fans call them 'The Gruesome Twosome'), finding a million new questions to ask each day. They answered them all, and I grew a level in Procedural Drama Writing by the end of the show." (Will Wheaton)

"Katie Couric will anchor an hour-long CBS Evening News the night before Election Day, Monday November 3. The broadcast will include extended reporting and analysis from various CBS News contributors. It will also include a look back at highlights from the primaries and general election." (TVNewser)

2 comments:

Plato's Way said...

I couldn't find a "follow" button on your blog, or I would have signed up, and the "subscribe" button gave me an error message, or I would have done that. So I guess I'll just have to bookmark your blog and tune in manually. Great stuff, although I'm a little wary of Gurdjieff - not sure his ideas are really "influences C" and not just B.

The Corsair said...

welcome aboard, Matt. I'm getting more wary of Gurdjieff as I get older. Ouspenskii and Gurdjieff work well together (and a little bit of Naranjo).