Monday, June 08, 2009

Joe Scarborough Accuses The New York Times of "Bias"



(image via nytimes)

Former Congressman and MSNBC talking head Joe Scarborough needled The New York Times at the opening of his radio show this morning about their Sunday magazine interview. Apparently Scarborough told Deborah Solomon that he commutes two days a week between Washington DC and New York, but, according to the Morning Joe host, The New York Times writer left that part out of the interview. "I was with my family on Saturday night, something that the New York Times would not have you believe .. it was a wonderful night in Washington." From the New York Times Sunday magazine:

"Have you had coffee with Keith Olbermann, your fellow MSNBC host?

"We don't hang out. We don't go to Mets games or Yankees games together, but then again, with my hours, I don't hang out with anybody. I work and come home to my Upper West Side apartment.

"But your wife and two youngest children live in Washington.

"They bounce back and forth.

"How do you justify living apart from your family?

"Would you ask a liberal the same question? Do you think I am less of a father or husband because I have to commute?"


Of the weekend outing with his family, Morning Joe co-host Mika Brzezinski said: "Some say that (that would be a decision) a conservative wouldn't make."

"A nice woman and we got along very well," said Scarborough of Deborah Solomon. But he continued, later, "they make stuff up and try to make me look like a hypocrite. It's not sad for me, it's sad for The New York Times." This is not the first time Deborah Solomon has faced scrutiny over the editing and wording of her Q & A's.

Scarborough accused the Times of "bias."

No comments: