Monday, June 29, 2009

Jane Fonda: I Couldn’t Pretend To Understand Michael Jackson



(image via mjj)

Who would have thought Jane Fonda would become a blogger? And yet she has, talking today about her relationship with Michael Jackson:

"This is the longest I’ve gone without blogging for some time. But sometimes you just have to let life play itself out without comment. Like so many people, I have been in a wash of images and feelings about Michael Jackson. I knew him as well as one could know him during the time before he did 'The Whiz' and up through 'Thriller.' I couldn’t pretend to understand him. There were so many complicated signals. Did he want me to be his ‘older women’ friend. He gravitated to older women. For solace? Succor? A beard? Did he want me to teach him the ropes? I never could quite figure it out. But I remember one day he was visiting me at my ranch north of Santa Barbara. It was the first time he had been in that region but he must have liked it because later he bought his ranch in that same area. Anyway, as we walked around the ranch which was perched right at the edge of the mountain overlooking Goleta, I pointed to a spot where I told him I wanted to be buried. Michael had a melt down right then and there when he heard this. He shrieked and bent over and said 'no, no, no!' 'What’s the matter,' I asked. 'Don’t ever talk about your dying,' he answered. 'Don’t ever think about it.'"


More here.

No comments: