Tuesday, November 04, 2008

George Kliavkoff Leaves NBC Universal Digital



(image via techinfovn)

NBCU’s Chief Digital Officer George Kliavkoff, who launched Hulu and oversaw NBC's digital coverage of the Olympics, is leaving the peacock network. From Paidcontent:

"I just got off the phone with Kliavkoff, who stressed that he has not had any job conversations: 'I’ve not spoken to anyone about any other job because I was prohibited from doing that under my contract with NBC. I look forward to having those conversations when the time is appropriate.' He wants to stay in the digital space in a role that moves the industry forward. What might that be? He listed three possible areas: 'Some sort of investing. Some sort of digital startup. Some kind of digital startup within a traditional company.' NBCU execs were very unhappy with me when I suggested Comstock’s departure and Mehta’s arrival could lead to his leaving, making it very clear that Kliavkoff would be staying. So why leave now? 'The fact that at NBC a lot of the business units have reached scale in their digital operations is a sign of success ... it’s exactly why I chose this moment to leave.' He thought it would be a 3-5 year task but 'it happened quicker than I thought.'"


The full story here.

No comments: