Wednesday, August 26, 2009

In Which This Blogger Gets Punked By Bloomberg.com



So I see a post on Bloomberg's home page on Elle McPherson. Being a red-blooded heterosexual male, I click on it while moistly salivating. And -- I got punked. The post's title was: "Elle Macpherson Can’t Counter London Gloom as Americans Flee." So I think -- Yes! And this is the opening paragraph:

"Andrew Wesbecher moved to London from New York in 2006 to sell software to banks and hedge funds. This month he joined the exodus of American expatriates fleeing high taxes and the city’s shrinking financial industry.

"'I’m the last guy to leave that I know,' said Wesbecher, 29, who worked for Tibco Software Inc. and lived in Notting Hill, the London neighborhood that’s home to billionaire Richard Branson and model Elle Macpherson. 'We are all packing up.'"


And .. that's all there is about Elle McPherson. WTF?! Tommy Stubbington and Andrew MacAskill punked me -- and, I'm sure, a lot of other guys -- but good. I know Bloomberg is going through some changes, growing pains and such, but ought not to fuck with a man's beer or his third-favorite supermodel (after Helena and the ever-punchy Naomi). That's just wrong, Bloomberg!

No comments: