Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Martin Scorsese's Mantra

Martin_Scorsese

(image via follow-me-now)

Some people wake up to Kenyan coffee and the Old Gray Lady. Others, like Martin Scorsese break their fast with filth. From Isabella Rossellini's In the Name of the Father, The Daughter and the Holy Spirits:

"I was familiar with 'Fuck it' from years ago, when I was married to Martin Scorsese. He would wake up saying it over and over in fast succession. 'What's the matter with you,' I would ask. 'The day hasn't started, nothings wrong, so why start cursing?' But it wasn't cursing. I understood that later, when I acquired a little more wisdom. 'Fuck it' was a necessary pronouncement, like a mantra. It helped Martin get the energy to get out of bed and start a new day."

Me, I take orange juice.

1 comment:

Pedro Rodrigues said...

haha hilarious! :]

one of my favourite Scorsese mantras (present in - almost - every movie he made) is:

"WHAT'S THA MATTER WI'TCHOO?!?!"

cheers!