Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Euan Rellie's Party For Benn Watts's Wine Awesomeness



SIPA McMullan/Sipa USA A ENT New York USA  13600460
(Photo by Liam Mcmullan/Patrick McMullan/Sipa USA) (Sipa via AP Images)


So I was curious about the invitation on Euan Rellie's party Monday night for Ben Watts's Wine Awseomeness.  Women were welcome after 10pm. "We have a suitably rakish list of 30 for dinner,"  he wrote. Hmm. To party or not to party without women for a few hours, that is the question.


It turned out to be a wonderful evening. Guys at parties are in full competitive mode when it comes to beautiful women. A few hours among men conversing over a wonderful dinner is a rarity. And then, as if by magic, the ladies came in at 10 Pm and the party really got rolling. Among the bros and ladies: Liam McMullan, Richard Johnson, Annie Venier, Rob Holzer, Chris de al Mott, Ben Watts, Nate Freeman, Rett Wallace, Chris Shumacher, Joey Jalleo, Nick Wooster, Erik Maza, Tatiana Vidus and Tyler Thoreson.


The evening started with whisky and then, at table, there was the rosé, the guest of the evening. I am usually loathe to mix my booze, but there it was and the temperature was perfect in the West Village.


It is a hell of a rosé. Absolutely bananas delicious and perfectly seasonal. I am lucky I made it home in one piece. I cannot for the life of me tell you what the song of the summer of 2014 will be, but I can tell you in all honesty that the wine of the summer (at least for me) is Watts Up Rosé, $54 for a case of three. That's what's up, yo.

No comments: